Visitor Visa

This visa lets you visit Australia:

  • to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • for up to three, six or 12 months

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

  • as a visitor
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
  • on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.

Tourist Visa (subclass 600)

The tourist visa is for those who wants to

  • pay a  visit to their family in Australia    
  • or to travel to Australia  as a tourist
  • or  go on a cruise

You can visit all the states within Australia

Visa Processing Times

The visa processing time depends on your citizenship and the required documents you can provide

to support your application.Please feel free to contact us to see if you are eligible for the tourist visa.

Duration of the visa

You can apply for a tourist visa with a duration from one month to one year depends on your plans. You also

extend your visa up to one year in case you want to stay more in Australia.You can also apply for a multi-entry

visa or a single-entry visa.The benefits of multi-entry visa over is that the person on tourist visa can return to 

Australia before the expiry of his visa even following his departure.

Health Requirements

The Australian Home Affairs Department might ask you to do a medical examination prior to the

assessment of your visa application.You can do the medical examination in the approved centres 

in your country.Please refer to the DHA website to find the approved authority in your country

for the medical examination.


Please click on the link to ask for a free quote.

How to apply

This information explains what you need to do to apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) – Tourist stream.

Lodge your application online

You can apply for this visa online at: Application for a Visitor Short Stay Visa.

Information to assist you with your online lodgement is available at Visitor e600 visa online applications.

Lodge your application by post or courier

If you cannot apply online:

If you hold a passport from China, India or United Arab Emirates you might be able to apply for Priority Consideration (fast-track) service, which is a premium service providing priority processing  for a fee.

If you hold a passport from the People’s Republic of China and are applying from within China you might be eligible for the  Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Frequent Traveller stream. This visa is only available online and you need to provide biometrics identifiers through an Australian Visa Application Centre in China before you apply for this stream. More information is available on the Australian Embassy in China website.

If you live in China, hold a Chinese passport and are applying for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream you can access an optional service to lodge your application online in Simplified Chinese through the website of an Australian Visa Application Centre in China. More information is available on the Australian Embassy in China website.

Prepare your documents

You need to provide documents to prove the claims you make in the application. The documents are listed in the Document checklist.

Some documents could take some time to obtain. You should have them ready when you lodge the application to reduce any delays in processing.

This visa allows only temporary visits to Australia. If you are from a country with a high rate of Visitor visa non-compliance, it is in your interests to provide additional documentation that shows your intention to comply with the conditions of the visa.

More information

There is more information to help you prepare your application, such as certifying and translating documents into English, communicating with us, using a migration agent, authorising another person to receive information from us, and receiving assistance with your application.

Who can sponsor a family member

A sponsor must:

  • be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • be older than 18 years of age
  • have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years).

You must also be one of the following:

  • a relative of the applicant (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the ‘step’ or adopted equivalent of any of these).
  • a relative of a person who is a member of the applicant’s family unit and who is also applying for a Visitor visa (such as the partner of your brother or sister).

You cannot be a sponsor for more than one person at the same time, unless they are the member of the same family unit. A family unit is made up of the head of the family, their partner and their dependent children. Other relatives can be included in the family unit if they are dependent on the head of the family.

If you have already sponsored a visitor, you must wait until their visa ceases before applying to be a sponsor again, unless your next sponsorship is for a member of the family unit of someone you are currently sponsoring and they are proposing to travel to Australia for the same purpose as the previous applicant.

If you have previously sponsored a visitor and they did not abide by the conditions of their visa, you will usually not be able to sponsor another visitor in the same visa class for five years.