Student visa (subclass 500)

If you have an admission from one of Australia’s universities or institutions, student visa is the right visa for you.

  • You can stay in Australia for the duration of your study.
  • You can travel inside Australia and New Zealand.
  • You can bring your family



Processing time

There is no definite processing time for the student visa.We would start your application as soon as we receive all your documents.


To start, you have to select the major you want to study in Australia.Next, choose the university or the institution that matches

your condition.Once you are admitted to a registered university or institution in Australia,you are eligible for the  Australian
student visa.

Students under 18 years of age

If you are under 18 years of age, you need to have welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia.

Please contact us for More information about Welfare arrangements for students under 18.

English language requirement

An advanced knowledge of English language is a pre-requisite for Australian universities so the applicant have to take an IELTS or
PTE test.All the applicants should also provide their English proficiency documents for their visa application.

Health requirements

You might be required to do a health examination as a part of your assessment.Once you submit your application, we would
book your medical check up.​The medical check up can be done in an approved medical centre in your own country.The results
might take up to three weeks and will be sent directly by the relevant authority to the Department of Home Affairs.

Character requirements

Each applicant should provide the certificate of good conduct and police check for each country have lived more than 12 months.

School students

Students can apply for a student visa to study at primary or secondary school in Australia, regardless of their country of citizenship.

What this visa lets you do

If you are granted the student visa, you can study full time in Australia. You are also allowed to work up to 20 hours
per week to earn the cost of your living.The student visa allow you to bring your wife/partner to Australia.It is also a
multi entry visa which allows you to travel outside Australia during your study and you don’t have to renew your
visa each time.

How long this visa lasts

This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your studies, generally up to five years. The student visa grant period will depend on the length and type of course.


Please click on the link to get a free quote.


The application can be lodged either inside or outside Australia.If you are on any other type of visa and you are inside Australia, you will be  granted a bridge visa so you don’t have to leave Australia until your visa is finalised.
  1. Gather documents


Use the Document Checklist (disclaimer) to find out the evidence you need to provide with your application.

Prepare your documents

You must provide documents with your online application.

  • Non-English documents must be translated into English. If you are in Australia, your translator must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters. If you are outside Australia, contact the Australian mission in the country that issued the documents for a translator.
  • Scan all documents – both non-English documents and translated documents.
  • Attach scanned copies to your online application when asked.
  • Provide certified copies of your documents.
  • Submit all documents with your application or your application could be refused or a decision on your visa could be delayed


You must pay the application fee when you apply or your application will not be valid.

The following student visa applicants are not required to pay a visa application fee:

  • Students awarded a scholarship funded by the Commonwealth Government of Australia
  • Students and family members supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
  • Student and family members supported by the Department of Defence
  • Secondary exchange students
  • Students affected by education provider default and lodge a new student visa application within 12 months of the provider default day
  • Family members of students enrolled in a postgraduate research course.


  1. Apply

Apply for the visa

You must apply for this visa online.

After you have gathered and scanned the documents that support your application, create an account and apply for your student visa with our online application system – ImmiAccount.

If you do not provide the documents requested, your visa application could be refused.

  1. After you apply

Provide additional documents

After you have applied, any additional documentation you need to submit should be uploaded into ImmiAccount. If you provide your documents through any other channel, it will result in processing delays.

You can be in or outside Australia when a decision is made on your application.

If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, do not make arrangements to travel to Australia or leave your job until you have received notification from us, in writing, that you have been granted a visa.

Track and manage your application

A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) is a unique number assigned to each online application. You will need this to:

  • track and manage your application
  • identify your application when you communicate with us
  • check your visa entitlements.

You will need to login to your ImmiAccount. You can use your account to:

  • continue a saved application
  • attach documents
  • update passport details
  • change email and address details
  • check progress of your application.

Other things you might need to do

After you apply, we might ask you to:

  • attend an interview
  • provide extra information
  • update passport details
  • provide biometric information
  • provide police certificates.

Wait for a decision

Most applications will take about four weeks to process. The exact time it will take depends on:

  • whether you have provided all supporting documents with your application
  • whether we need extra information from you and how you respond to any requests for this information
  • whether you need to undergo health checks or provide biometric information.

Baby born to student visa applicant

If your child is born after you lodge your application but before it is decided, you need to notify us. You must provide:

  • a completed Form 1022 – Notification of changes in circumstances (77 KB PDF)
  • a certified copy of the birth certificate
  • a certified copy of the passport (if available).

Documents must be attached to your student visa application in ImmiAccount. If your visa has already been granted, see the Visa Holders tab for further instructions.

Visa expiry before graduation

If your student visa will expire before your graduation, you might be able to apply for another visa that meets your circumstances such as a visitor visa. You will need a letter from your education provider which states the date of your graduation.

Visa decision

If the visa is granted, we will let you know:

  • the visa number
  • any conditions attached to the visa.

If the visa is not granted, we will let you know:

  • why the visa was not granted
  • your review rights and the time limit for applying for a review (if applicable).

Withdrawing your application

You can withdraw your application at any time before a decision is made. You can do this by logging into your ImmiAccount.

Baby born to student visa holder in Australia

If your child is born in Australia, they are automatically granted the same visa you and your partner hold at the time of the child’s birth. If either parent is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of the child’s birth, the child might be an Australian citizen by birth.

You will need to notify us soon after your child is born.